Verse of the Day:

Matthew 5:44-48 (New American Standard Bible)
44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


Random Thoughts:

I read that sunglasses were invented in China in the year 1200 to hide the eyes of judges sitting in a court from the ones being tried. Made me want to talk about the sun, hiding eyes and protecting eyes. What is good, what is healthy and what is way over the top? I guess that just depends on how rosy the glasses are you are looking through.

There are many reports that say to wear sunglasses with good uv protection to protect your eyes against cataracts. I personally cannot see as good with sunglasses and they bother me to wear them. Do I endanger myself by wearing them because I cannot see as good or do I wear them to protect my eyes as long as possible. Oh, my, what a two edged sword.

When we wear glasses are we protections our eyes or are we protecting our privacy to watch things we don't want others to know we are watching. What is a good pair of sunglasses? Cheap, expensive, middle of the road. Do we need one pair of glasses or a different color for every outfit. Yes, even guys are vain enough to match glasses to their clothes. Prescription or off the rack glasses. Oh the choices.

The sun is good for us. Gives us vitamins. The sun is bad for us. Gives us cancer. The sun is good for us. Dries out lungs. The sun is bad for us. Dries out skin. What is the solution.


Too much of anything is NOT a good thing.....unless it is God. There is never too much God. BTW, God is love, ergo, there is never too much love to go around.


Until tomorrow,

Letting the Son shine,

Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment