Bible Verse of the day:

Matthew 28:18-20 (New American Standard Bible)
18And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Random thoughts:

I woke this morning to a note of facebook from Mona Turner saying our missions team had 75 professions of faith yesterday. Wow!!! What a blessing. As I am at home working while they are in Peru, I want to say"All I can do is pray for them". But I think I should say"Even though I am not there, I am praying for them". Proud to do it. I believe it is part of our call to lift up others with they are doing the work of the Lord.

I also believe that our nation starts at home. I know that is easier said than done. I personally had an opportunity this week that I bypassed. I don't even have to guess, I can see God frowning down on me right now, even as I think of it two or three days later. Sometimes it is lame excuses the devil gives us not to do God's will and witness. I guess sometimes I think I don't want to embarrass them or me in public. Shouldn't feel that way. I think that goes back to the BOLD thing.

Today is a hot day at the old home front. It makes one lazy and lethargic in general. There are many things I could do with the extra 30 minutes I got today except sitting at the computer waxing poetry. HA! Well, I don't think there is anything that will not wait until tomorrow. I guess I am taking time to enjoy being with myself. I think I could enjoy myself better if I were some place where is was 50 degrees outside.

For all you who know me, I did start my Christmas list today. I am excited about pursuing some of the ideas I came up with. Now it is time to start shopping on the Internet. I do have a few presents to wrap but keep procrastinating. I guess I am waiting for Christmas. My bad.

Here's praying for many more successful days for the Peru team along with safety in traveling and health. There are 20 plus people on this trip and for that many people to make it a week without someone getting sick is a situation in God's hands.

Please join me in lifting up this group and placing them in God's perfect hands.
Prayer warrior,
Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment