Bible Verse of the day:

Revelation 4 (New International Version)
The Throne in Heaven

1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 4Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.


Tribute for the day: Today is National Ice Cream Day!


Random Thoughts:Here is to the banana split and hot fudge sundaes of the world. Chocolate candy if fine but chocolate ice cream is Divine. I could feel like I had died and gone to heaven if I could eat all the chocolate ice cream I want. yum!!!

What are some of your favorite vices? Speed, fame, wealth? It takes so little to amuse me, you can tell I lead a boring life. I could be satisfied with white hot chocolate on a cold, rainy winter afternoon or chocolate ice cream 365 days a year.

Speed, well, I have never had that. I move like a turtle. Fame, that won't ever happen in my lifetime. Wealth, the only wealth I hope I am amassing is in heaven. I know the checkbook doesn't amass anything down here on earth.

I wonder.......just how much will we appreciate what we amass in heaven. Will we be jealous of the other celestial beings and what they have? I all our sins are erased evenly, we all will be on an even keel. Why should it matter how many jewels are in our crown? How many rooms are in our mansion? Should we care? Are we going to sit just a little closer to God if we have more jewels in our crown. Then are we going to stick out our tongue like a two year old and say "I am better than you are".

What will heaven be like. I don't think any of those questions will make any difference when we get to heaven. I think it will be like all those other questions we say we will ask when we get to heaven. Once we are there, it won't matter.

What does matter is what we do while we are still on this earth. That is where we need to know God is pleased with our behavior. That is where we need to be asking questions about what God wants from us. Here. Today. Now.

Until later I will be watching my p's and q's.

Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment