Bible Verse of the Day: "You are the Light of the World. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14





Celebrations today: happy birthday to Dinah Rushing and lets celebrate the fact that the first electric light was lit on this day in history. WooHoo. I could have be typing in the dark. Ha!

Random thought:Yeah, you guessed it. Electric lights. Wow! What an invention. I bet the first people to invent stuff of that nature was paupers with no compensation for any major steps toward technology. All that work, and still probably died poor. Actually, I have visited Thomas Edison home in Florida. (Winter Haven, I think. I could look it up but I am too lazy.) He actually had a pretty nice shack. Located next to Henry Ford's winter home. Nice shack, too.

Oh, to have the inventors brain. Don"t you know that thing worked in overdrive. Oh, wait, I don't guess there was overdrive back then, was there. I know 'ole Thomas invented a lot of stuff. Lots of it on display in Florida. Seems as though there is a lot on display in Dearborn, Michigan at the Henry Ford Museum, also. The old phonograph machines were way cool, too.

I remember, way back when, we had an old big chunky record player that only played 78's. I thought it was from the ice age til I saw the crank masters and records Edison made. Seems like I also remember that he was partially deaf from a train accident. Maybe I dreamed that one. May have to google him after all.

Back to the light bulb. When we were at the Florida Museum there was a light bulb the curator claimed that Edison made that had never burned out. Now, seems to me, if he invented one that never burned out, why couldn't all of them be made never to burn out. Hmmmm.

Can you image how dark life was before the electric light. No skyline glow in the big city. How about just a porch light or reading light. The light to read by would be a kerosene lamp. To me that isn't much light. Maybe they had a way of making them glow better than me, but I would be hard pressed to read by one.

Like I said, I might be typing in the dark. Yeah, right.

Regardless of how dark it might be, we would still have the Light of the World. He makes everything bright. Even in our darkest hour.

To God be the glory,

Great things He has done,
Even allowing ole Tom the knowledge to make that light glow,

Thanks, God!!
Til tomorrow I will leave the light on for ya!

Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment