Bible verse of the day:
Numbers 7:8-9 (New International Version)
8 and he gave four carts and eight oxen to the Merarites, as their work required. They were all under the direction of Ithamar son of Aaron, the priest. 9 But Moses did not give any to the Kohathites, because they were to carry on their shoulders the holy things, for which they were responsible.
Birthdays:Katie Layer

Random Thoughts:I have two random thoughts for the day. Neither which go with the verses above.
1) In my "Awe-manac" book for today the toast of the day reads..."Here's to the garden where tomatoes, daisies and peace can be cultivated." That put my mind to thinking about Kathy Wood... she loves to garden. Kathy tells me she could spend all day in the garden and actually her blood pressure will drop while she doodles in the garden. There is a lot to be said for being close to nature, God and yourself all at the same time. Personally, I saw enough purple hull peas, green beans and melons when I was a kid that I would NEVER want to grow a garden. Don't get me wrong, I love to taste of the harvest. I just want someone else to do it.
2)I am a fan of numbers. Not the show. it gives me a headache. I don't believe in physic numbers or anything. I like strange facts in numbers. For example, my birthday is 5-5, Blake's is 7-7, Jeremiah's is 9-9. Douglas and Caroline got married on 5-18, Doug and I married on 3-19, Jeremiah and Tara got married on 3-20, Blake and Kari got married on 6-21. If we went back another generation, my parents were married on 9-17. I like the number thing. Hence the verse today. Numbers 7:8-9. Today is month(7), day (8) year (9). Yeah, I know it is korny but I like it.
I also like the fact that Moses did not give comforts to the men because they were to carry the burden of the Holy things. Just a reminder that God promises to provide what we need, not what we want. Don't tell me it was easy to tote that stuff on those poles. (I guess somewhere in the Bible there is even an estimate of how much all that weighed.) Even those of us that study God's Word, knowing that God will provide our needs, get grumpy with God when He doesn't supply our WANTS. What are we spoiled brats? Well, yes.
If you have any neat number stories, jot me a note and let me know. I love number stories.
Until tomorrow,
One of God's spoiled brats,
Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment