Bible Verse of the Day:
Acts 4:32 (New American Standard Bible)
32And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them.

Random Thoughts:My thought for the day was to tell you a story about my soul mate. Then I thought surely there would not be a verse to share that had anything to do with that. It really doesn't, but with the stretch of the imagination, maybe you can see where it might be going.
Doug and I have been married for so long it seems like forever. Now bearing in mind, some times we do silly things on purpose, but there are times we can finish each others sentences, want the same things to eat or wear the same color clothes without pre-planning.

Three Sundays in a row when we got ready for church, we came out matching. The third Sunday, I changed clothes. The two previous Sundays everyone kept asking us if we planned it that way. The answer, which no one believed, was NO. We have just lived together way too long. You say, "Ah, but you see what each other lays out to wear." No, Doug gets dressed in the bedroom and I have a great big closet with a table to do my makeup, jewelry, etc. I walk out and we match.

We do food the same way. Even though we have way different taste in foods, there are times we crave the same things. How odd.
That must really be what you would call "Soul mates". What we have, we share. There is no, yours, mine and ours. It is ours. Everything is common property to us. How ironic. I even shared my diabetes with him after 9 years. Now we both have the same problem. I hope he doesn't share his lose of hair with me. I might really be in trouble!
Doug still holds dear to his liver and onions and I still claim my mac and cheese. I don't think I will ever persuade him to eat mac and cheese or dumplings and I know liver and onions will never be on my plate, but, all in all, we walk hand in hand.
Soul mates forever,
Vera (and Doug)

P.S. If we match at church, No, it is not planned.
Have a blessed day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment