Bible Verse of the day:
He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Psalms 23:3

Happy Birthday:Tom Kirksey and Judy Thompson

Random Thoughts:
While my boys were growing up, they will tell you, I got lost quite a few times. Sometimes in the big city (Memphis and St. Louis just to name a couple) and sometimes on the back roads. I always found my way home, but it got a bit tense from time to time.
Once, Doug had flown to St. Louis for a meeting and on Sunday after church the boys and I were going to have a grand time at the Mall of Memphis before going to the airport to pick up Doug. Our first fiasco of the day was when Blake looked through the bars on the upper floor down on the skaters below. When it was time to leave, his head wouldn't come back through the bars. The ears slide in but won't slide out. Security,janitors, taking time, plane coming in, gonna miss it, way before cell phones. Could you guess that I was some kind of upset.
We finally escape the bars and get to the car. Boy, am I in a hurry. The boys are fussing and Wow did I miss the turn. We got so lost in the seedier side of Memphis and made it back to the bridge and started all over again. We were an hour late getting to the airport. Doug's plane did not come in. His flight was cancelled and he came in on a different carrier. Going to the check in area and having him paged, he was there looking for us. Everyone was so upset, the boys, Doug not being able to find us, us not being able to find him. Boy, was I ever glad to see my husband. He drove home and I was tickled to death for him to do so.
I made a wrong turn.

Another time Doug and the big boys had something to do on Saturday afternoon so Blake and I went for a drive in the fall of the year just to look at the autumn foliage. We got so engrossed in the beautiful color and didn't pay attention to the rural roads we were on. I knew it was afternoon, which way the sun was shining and which way we were from Jonesboro. I just kept going down roads in the direction I thought was town and...well, we are still here today, so I guess we made it home.

Sometimes we take a wrong road in life. Sometimes we go to the wrong places in life. We make mistakes. We ARE allowed to turn back around and find the fork in the road. Take the other one. Take the good one. Take the one that sends you back towards the Son.
Thank you God for guiding me down the paths of righteousness,
Your poor wayfaring stranger,
Traveling through this path of life.
Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment