Bible Verse:"Follow me and will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

VERY Random Thoughts: No birthdays to day so I just picked a verse. Believe me, this one is very, very random. When I pulled a card out with this verse, I thought about how much my parents tried to make me like fishing. I absolutely hate it. I was always too busy watching for snakes to watch the line. I was too busy fanning flies to cast the hook. I was too busy keeping my hands clean to bait the hook. I was too busy trying to stay cool in 100 degree weather. Fishing simply was/in not my thing. There is NO way to get this non-swimmer on a boat, either.

I love to eat catfish. I like a few other fish. I enjoy reaping the rewards from someone else catch. If you do all the work, I will certainly help you celebrate your bounty.

There are some Christians like that, too. When it is time to do the fishing, we have too many excuses. When it is time to celebrate, we don't mind being first in line. We like the sated feeling without the work involved.

My parents were never pleased that I didn't ever learn to enjoy fishing. I don't think my heavenly Father would be please with me if I didn't do some soul fishing, either. Like Jonah, who tried to avoid doing what God told him, God will grapple with us, even if it isn't in the belly of a big fish. Conviction is a good start to baiting our hook. Reeling in Christians starts with our display of actions first.
Thank you God for allowing me to fish, (even when I don't want to sometimes). I know I was put on this earth to cast a line for you.

God's humble fisherman,
Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment