Bible Verse of the Day: Philippians 2:3 (Amplified Bible)
3Do nothing from factional motives [through contentiousness, strife, selfishness, or for unworthy ends] or prompted by conceit and empty arrogance. Instead, in the true spirit of humility (lowliness of mind) let each regard the others as better than and superior to himself [thinking more highly of one another than you do of yourselves].

Happy Birthday: to Marie Ralston and sympathies go out to her as well, in the loss of her mother this week, Mildred Norris of Warner Robbins, Ga.

Random Thoughts: Today is Sunday School, we studied about grace in the family setting.
Sometimes we(me) get so obsessed with thinking we have to have the perfect family and they have to behave a certain way we forget to let them be their own person. When my boys were little I would sit in the choir on Sunday mornings and if the boys were antsy sitting with their grandparents, I would give them "the look" and they knew they were in trouble when we got home. Now, I realize that the boys were good but I expected them to be perfect. News flash...We do not live in a perfect world.
This is so small the the larger scheme of things, but at the time I thought it made me look like a bad parent. Oh, no!! We simply could not have that.
At this point, I am thankful all three of my sons have grown up to be fine outstanding law abiding citizens, have wonderful wives, good jobs and contribute wisely to this world of ours. Even though they fidgeted in church, they did not turn out to be the criminals of the world. Thank you, God, for letting me see that 20 years later.
Blake always said he would not ever get in trouble because he learned from the mistakes of his brothers. Yes, he was a pretty good guy but don't let him fool you. He had his share of not doing as he was told or trying us just a little.
I hope the boys don't remember me as the mean 'ole Mom who was always nagging them, but the Mom that helped make p,b&j sandwiches for band trips and football games and for going to their events at school. One of my greatest regrets is that Jeremiah (the first one to graduate college) graduated on the Saturday before Mothers Day and I had to work and could not make graduation. That will always be a downer for me, but believe me, I was there is spirit and watched the dvd of his graduation quite a few times.
Don't know if God shines down on me as graceful but I hope He is still working on that project.

God's clumsy servant.
Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment