Bible Verse of the day:
Revelation 21:22-26 (New Living Translation)
22 I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. 24 The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory. 25 Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there. 26 And all the nations will bring their glory and honor into the city.




Today in History : Marilyn Monroe was found dead on this day in 1962. Neil Armstrong has a birthday today.


Random Thoughts: I have never given much thought to dragonflies. Tonight I googled them. Just the last few days they have been all over our yard and a lot of other places across town. I think they are pretty and I love the way they dip and sway when I watch them. The reason they are dipping and swaying is because they are catching mosquitoes. The mosquito is one of the favorite foods of the flighty insect. As far as I am concerned, the dragonflies can stay around alllllllll summer long. They are kind of like the lightning bug. Fun to watch and kind of mesmerizing. Cutting down on the mosquito population is merely a plus.

The mosquitoes on the other hand...well, let's just say Noah could have forgot to put those two on the ark as far as I am concerned. We have had so much rain this year they are all over the place, very small and carry a big bite. Ouch. I have four or five bites that have really really hurt this week.

Why did God give us good insects and bad insects? Why couldn't we just have the dragonfly and let them feed off something less menacing. Same way with snakes. Why do we have to have poisoness snakes and spiders that rot the skin and do awful things to our bodies.

Why do we have to have evil in our world at all. Not saying that mosquitoes are evil but they sure are a pain in the neck! I guess if we didn't have pest, literally and the human kind, we might not appreciate all the glories we will receive in heaven. Give us something to look forward to.

What really bothers me about heaven.......with all the glow, will this hot natured gal be miserable all the time. Is there going to be a fan to keep my cool? Am I going to be a comfortable 68 degrees all the time? I sure hope so.

If God can put the dragonfly on the earth to reduce the mosquito population, He can surely find a way to keep me comfortable in heaven.

Well, I keep searching for the perfect 68 degrees,

Until tomorrow,

Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment