Happy June to every one. There are weddings in the air, birthdays and anniversaries all around, hurricane season starts today, the lightnin' bugs are dancing in the evening in full force and it is time for the temperatures to soar into the hot-ties.




By the way, according to Robin Roberts of GMA today and the first day of every month it is good luck to say "rabbit, rabbit". Don't know why but anyway.

Our life changed drastically last month. After 30 plus years Doug changed jobs. Today is also the first pay check for the new job. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it really is. When times change, bills still go on and that security still needs to be there.

June is also the month that I kind of get serious about my Christmas decorating. I will start mapping out my trees for the year in a few days, start compiling our Christmas card list and start putting our parties on the calendar. I can't wait to get started. Just have a couple of project to get out of the way first. Doug cut out another sample of our teddy bear Christmas ornament yesterday. I think I really am going to like the teddy bear theme this year.
We now have a dog that has to have a people person go outside with her while she does her business. Last night as I sat outside while Delilah ran around sniffing every blade of grass, I noticed just how active all the lightning bugs were. That has always been one of my favorite times in the evening. Just a cool breeze with a small sway in the trees and lightning bugs doing a dance low to the grass . How peaceful in a city that has horns and sirens blaring and trains running and all the other noises of the city. Just tune it all out and watch the dance of nature.
Until later,
I go get a cup of coffee and enjoy the early morning quiet,
Ahhh, Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment