Oh, the places I wanna go to. First, let me say that most of the time my desire is to go see grand babies. I don't get to see them much and miss so much of their lives. Aside from that, there are a few places I would love to see before I get so old I cannot enjoy them. Today is a rambling of those places.......






The place I most want to see is Alaska. I read about the Aurora in grade school and have had the desire to see it ever since. I know that even a trip to Alaska gives no guarantees that I would get to see it, but my chances would be better than staying at home. Especially if I studied the cycles and when they most often make their appearances. Not only the aurora, but I would love to see the snow covered mountains, all the pristine waters, the wilderness and the habitat of outback Alaska.

Second on my list would be New England in the fall of the year. I could see the sap being drawn from the maple trees. The leave covered roads, the back roads with maybe pictures of some of the old bridges, and the mountains covered in a wide vista of color. The crisp smells of fall draw my name. The closest I have every come to this one is the Ozarks in the fall. Eureka with all the apple stands and hot cider on the side of the road. Very few pictures because I was so close to all the trees that I couldn't get good pictures.

The third stop on my dream of travels would be The Biltmore in Ashville, NC. Not only do I want to see the Biltmore, I want to see it at Christmastime. I would love to be there for the annual gingerbread contest. I could appreciate all the talent of these people first hand instead of on the television. The estate would also be decorated in it's finest. I don't think I could take enough pictures of this place. Although I don't even know if pictures are allowed inside. I really wouldn't mind living in a place that big. I could get lost for days. Do you think anyone would ever miss me? Nah, I doubt it.

The last place on my dream places is the Opryland hotel at Christmas. We drove by some of the outside last year but I want to see all the inside festivities. After the flood this spring I wonder how much grandeur will be replaced for the holidays. I hope it can be restored to the original beauty. We have been at the hotel in summer, but Christmas has such an air about it. I hope I have not missed my opportunity to see it at it's finest.


Those are my top four places I would love to travel to. There are honorable mentions, but they fail by comparison. Some of those places on the quick list would be...The Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Branson, D.C. and maybe NYC. I would put that one way down on my list.
A few places I or we have been that I would love to travel to again....Albuquerque to see all the places we missed. There is also Montreal. I got to see a lot of the grand city but I am sure there is plenty that missed my site. I would love to take a trip to Disney world with the grand boys when they get a little older to appreciate all the hoopla. And finally I would love to return to Seattle. The city just cried out to me. I loved it when there before but it didn't rain on us everyday like we were promised. I want to see the true Seattle.

Well, the places we go and what it means to us. Dr. Seuss had a good idea but to tell the truth, Dorothy has the greatest idea.

There is no place like home.

There is no place like home.

There is no place like home,

Sweet home.

Until later I shall prop my feet up and
look at the travel magazines and
DREAM,
Vera


















0 comments:

Post a Comment