Well, friends, I have spent the last few days trying to set up my Christmas 2010 blog. Not with much success, I am sad to report. In the past I have set up 3 blogs. I worked out all the details of blogs 1, 2, and 3 by myself in a snap. This one has me buffaloed. I want to do something a little different and I have butt my head against the wall for days. In case you don't know it about me...I hate being frustrated!!

I have learned how to erase and edit codes. Now that one scared the bejeezzzzzzus out of me. If I had anything written yet, I am not sure I would have tried it. When I ask my son, the techie nerd, for help, he tells me that isn't something he has ever done before. Well, hello, if you can build, strip, reformat, and write programs for one of these darned ole contraptions , surely you can sure a few minutes and get some answers for me.

I as excited about the Christmas blog for this year. I plan to make it a work in progress instead of just posting the trees like I did last year. When I get a few blogs added, I will share with everyone. I just got in the habit of sharing this one every time I posted so I still do.

The Christmas Tree Lady is already falling behind for the year. I don't have all my trees planned out nor where to put them. I have my Christmas cards bought and still plan to address them next week. That is a traditional "Fourth of July" event at my house. I usually have parties set and menus already planned out.

You can laugh all you want to, but come mid September, all hands and minds will be to start implementing the plan for the season. That is the PLAN that isn't complete yet.

With my love for the Christmas holiday season, I still remember that all the fun is paled by the real reason we celebrate. How wonderful it is to have a Saviour that died for all our sins. A God that forgives our mistakes and loves us unconditionally. Nothing compares to those thoughts at the holiday time, but I never want to miss an opportunity to open my home and welcome guest to share the season with us.

Now bear in mind, this is not a "House Beautiful" home. It is more like a "Country Cottage" home but I hope that all people that grace our doors will feel welcomed and comfortable while we partake of the joys of the season.

I am getting excited about making more plans even as I report on my lack of effort to date. Can't wait to get some plans laid out.

The one thing I do know it that our family tree( our main themed tree of the season) will be "teddy bears" and I we have already picked out the pattern for Doug's ornaments. Every year the number of ornaments he makes increases. This year, I am guessing he will make close to one hundred ornaments to give to our friends and family. Yes, that is a lot of hard work. It is also a labor of love. And a wonderful testimony to all the friends that we have.

I am blessed to have so many and such wonderful friends!

Getting ready to start planning the Season.

The Christmas Tree Lady,

Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment