As I ponder some of life's deepest questions I have come to realize that life really is short, we are just passing through this place for a short while on our way to a final destination, we will mess up, we will do some things right and we will have euphoria and well will have heartache. Those are just facts.


What we perceive as heartache....maybe it isn't so much heartache but we overachieve our own expectations. What we do right...maybe we think so lowly of ourselves that when life is done right we are elated. Are we over or underachievers in our own lives. Or do we sit around just waiting to see what yet another day may bring.


There are times when I feel as those I am in the middle of a season of bad luck. What else will happen. That is when I try to think good, happy thoughts and dreams to make it through. Then something else bad happens and in my mind I plotted a happy future. Now that puts me lower than ever.


I can only assume that we all have made dreams of the what ifs.....I won the lottery, I had a long lost rich cousin to die and I was the only heir, I found ten thousand dollars in a wallet and no one claimed it. You know the scene. In the end, it is all called financial security. It is all material.


I have two friends that have share a same dream. One is a young mother of one. The other an older father of four grown children. They have one major wish and or prayer that comes with a two edged sword. One needs a properly functioning kidney. The other a new heart. For each of these to achieve their desire in life, someone must die. How very sad. How sad that there are so many chances to pass on life to someone else yet our loved ones choose not to share with other families that are in need. I have for years signed my drivers license as a doner, this time I chose not to. Someone had talked me out of it. If I had something happen to me, I would hope that my family would at least see if I am a match for either of my friends first. I could give them something in death that I could never give them in life. If not for them, if I have healthy organs, please allow me to make someone else family happy by giving them the present of extended life to their own loved one.


I am convinced that when I do die, even with body parts removed, I shall obtain the perfect body again as soon as St. Peter stamps my hand and lets me through the pearly gates. What my body is like here on earth at that point doesn't matter. I prefer to be cremated but my family chooses not to do that to me. I do have other death request that I am adamant about but I do choose to share life with others in need. Friends first.


If I could know that should I be able to do that, I think that would be my greatest accomplishment while I walked this earth. If I could do that, I hope the people that reap the benefits would be appreciative of the gesture of someone that desired to see their life extended. God gave us his Son as the greatest gift. I think as a person, that could be our greatest gift.


I am hoping that if one person reads this and signs their card the next time you get your drivers' license it is worth writing this.


Give the gift of life,


Your love will be carried on,


Loving ya,


Vera

0 comments:

Post a Comment